Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Best Maryland Crabcakes + Tortilla Crusted Tilapia


This is a favorite. I don't remember where I came up with it. I think I had it at a restaurant and came home and reproduced it. I figure you can't go wrong with these ingredients. I used tilapia, dipped in beaten eggs, then in crushed tortilla chips, and fried (sauteed sounds better) in canola or olive oil. It takes no time at all. I smushed up some fresh avacoda with the most incredible fresh salsa from Sam's and threw a bowl of Tostitos Scoops on the table. We love all these ingredients, so can't go wrong with this. Warning: the house smells kind of fishy the next day. A small price to pay.

What makes this do-able for me is that I buy the Tilapia from Sam's and it is individually vacuum packed per piece and I throw it in a big bowl of warm/hot water about 20 minutes before I am ready to cook and it's completely thawed by then. It's good in foil on the grill with lemon, butter and some seasoning.

I made the miraculous Maryland Crabcakes the other night

No comments: