Saturday, July 26, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust

One more burner is out. I'm choosing to look on the bright side. I don't have to do Thanksgiving for a while. We've spent roughly $8,000 on travel this year after six years of NO vacations. I don't regret it, and am happier with our memories than I would be for a kitchen redo. Of course, I'm sure it would be impossible to redo a kitchen for that, but maybe I could get a new floor and stove for that. I don't know and don't care. Sometimes I want a whole new house, but I really do love ours and I know there's lots of potential. For now, our priorities are getting our kid through expensive private school, then college, trying to take a few nice vacations before he has a family of his own, and just getting by from day to day.

I'm picking up new business and am hoping that I'll be successful with my new venture - working from home and at clients' offices. I'll just wait and see. If I can pay for our trips and have enough left over for some kitchen updates, that'll be dandy. For now, I'm moving a rug in here to cover the split linoleum!

No comments: